Monday, 15 February 2016

In Memory of a Dear Friend

It has been nearly a year since I last posted something on my blog, apart from my 'been hacked' message! My thoughts on showing my cards has changed recently. I have become a little more private about my cards, preferring to let the recipient choose to whom they wish to show it . I have kept this blog open in case I want to make something for a challenge, (so far I have not), and just in case I want to share something. Coco has just emailed me expressing her sadness at my lack of blogging, completely unaware that I was just about to hit the keyboard and post something.....for this year anyway!

 So how do I start a post titled, 'In memory of a dear friend'? With sadness? Yes. With joy? Yes.
Sadness because my dear friend of 19 years died on Wednesday last. I miss her so much already. We met up once or twice a week when I lived in England and we telephoned every week when I moved to France.

Joy because Sue loved Jesus, she is with Him right now. What more can we wish for other than our friends and family know Him, love Him and will be with Him.

My last card to Sue is unlike my normal 'simple' style because I wanted to include some of her favourite things. Ginger cats, butterflies, flowers and green. However my card is eclipsed by our son's card! He had no direction from me, he wanted to make Sue a card, all I did was provide the white card base. He drew the moment when God created the Heavens and the Earth, with a little personal interpretation. He said that the world was perfect, no sin, no illness, no death............

I will leave you to admire his creative talent and enjoy what Sue delighted in just a week before she met her creator in person.


Thank you for taking the time to read this personal post in memory to a lovely lady and wonderful friend. Until we meet again Sue xxx 

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.   John 3: 16


3 comments:

  1. what a lovely card for your friend Sue, it is beautiful. And Daniels is wonderful. Coco and I both miss your postings and are happy to see you post againg.


    gros bisous mon amie et porte toi bien.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Anne for this wonderful post in memory to your dear friend Sue... I'm so sad for you that you lost one of your best friends I know! At the same way, you are a so strong believer, she was too apparently, so I understand that it is also good news for both of you, and now she does not suffer anymore... All my prayers and thoughts for Sue and her family, also to you my lovely friend.
    And what a great job Daniel made with his drawing, really fantastic!!!
    Your card is very lovely too... I recognize the flowers :)
    Big hugs to you (and keep you blog open pls!)
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sis, till we all meet again, what a day of rejoicing that will be!!
    For we sorrow not as those who have no hope...
    For in Jesus Christ we are so very rich indeed... The promise of eternal life with with the One Who is Love as Daniel so aptly inscribed, and Who loves and cares for each one of us.
    Praise Him for His great faithfulness and watchcare over dear sweet Sue in those last days.

    Truly the young see more wisely than years often do, may our loving God bless dear Daniel and you dear sweet friend and all who loved her.
    Hugs and prayers, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete